You may or may not have already hopped on the coconut oil trend, the seemingly cure all for all things beauty related. But there are even more oil hacks that are about to change your beauty routine, and don’t be scared by the word “oil”, it’s doesn’t always mean dirty! There are some oils you’ll be shocked to learn have crazy health benefits.
Here are some of our favorite oils and their amazing uses to help you look beautiful from head to toe. The best part is you probably already have some of these at home!
- Sesame oil – unless you’re allergic to sesame seeds (if you are we apologize) this oil is a must try to improve your dental health. The method used here is called “oil pulling”, where you essentially swish one tablespoon oil in your mouth as if you’re chewing for 15-20 minutes. Do this before you brush your teeth in the morning, and after you are done, spit and rinse your mouth with water. Sesame oil is the most effective oil for your teeth because it eliminates bacteria, whitens teeth, and freshens breath.
- Hibiscus oil and coconut oil – If you suffer from thin hair or excess hair loss, hibiscus oil and coconut oil are natural remedies to promote hair growth and overall hair health. Simply apply a few drops of one or a combination of the oils to your scalp and massage all the way through to the ends. For the best results, let the oil sit for at least two hours or overnight.
- Castor oil – Have you ever wished you could naturally grow out your eyebrows or eyelashes? Well, now you can! Castor oil is full of protein, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth. To accomplish full looking eyebrows, soak a cotton swab in the oil and then massage it onto your eyebrows for 2-3 minutes. For long luscious lashes, apply the oil on with old mascara wand and leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Tea tree oil – You might be confused why oil would help acne, but we promise it makes sense! It penetrates easily into the skin to actually help unblock the sebaceous glands, disinfect pores and dry out the acne. Put 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton ball and dab it gently on your breakout area. Leave it on for a few hours or overnight.
- Vitamin E oil – This oil is a natural healing remedy for scars as its moisturizing property hydrates the skin and helps repair damaged tissue and improve the appearance of scars. Open some vitamin E capsules to get the oil. Smear the oil onto the scar and massage it into your skin for around 10 minutes. You can do this several times throughout the day.
- Almond oil – If you have dry skin on your hands, massage almond oil into hands to moisturize, nourish and soothe that dry and itchy skin. It also works as an anti aging measure.
We hope you enjoyed learning about these beauty hacks and let us know how they work for you or if you have any questions!